Thursday, March 23, 2017

wrong book before bed {solsc day 23}


Even when I'm just flat exhausted it is my habit to read at least 10-15 minutes right before bed.  It is comforting and settling and better for me than more screen time flipping mindlessly through Facebook.  I have to be careful about what I choose, though, or I'll be up far too late living life deep within another world.  I can't listen to music to put me to sleep, either---I find my mind creating entire movies since I'm supplying the background tunes. 

I usually figure that a writing craft book will be awesome in terms of its sheer ability to put you to sleep.  Boy, was I wrong last night!  I ordered Ray Bradbury's Zen and the Art of Writing a month or so ago, but hadn't had a chance to start it yet.  So, off the TBR (to be read) pile and into my hands it went. 

Two chapters in and I'm completely hooked.  The Muse has arrived and she's flitting around throwing ideas willy-nilly in my brain. It took me almost as long to settle down into sleep as the night before the first day of school. 

1 comment:

  1. I can't read at all before bed. I can't convince myself to go to sleep if I do. lol I have to watch tv.

    ReplyDelete