Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Life is Beautiful



Life is beautiful,
Life is wonderous,
Every star above, 
is shining just for us
Life is beautiful, 
on a stormy night
Somewhere in the world,
the sun is shining bright.

Today was just such a good day!

This morning:
  • before school, we were hopping in the library (okay, every morning, but still...)                         I love this. 
  • was made even better because we started our Slytherin House Treasure Quest (egg hunt). My kids had a ball solving the riddles and finding the treasure. Kids in other Houses were joining in, along with kids not even in M.A.G.I.C. ---even knowing they wouldn't get the prizes.  The fun was enough!
  • this made all other Houses jealous.  No lie, I love this, too.  (hey, I AM Slytherin Head of House!)
  • I played with my new surround sound system in the library and it is AMAZING. (okay, so it isn't new--but knowing how to work it totally is as it was installed before I arrived and so...)
  • this came in handy with our 1st-period speaker from the Air Force showing some really cool videos as part of his presentation to the swim team.
  • I finally decided it is better to beg forgiveness than seek permission on a particular topic that-shall-not-be-named and...
  • made a decision, put a plan into action, communicated this plan to my team, and...
  • this made SUCH A HUGE POSITIVE DIFFERENCE in our day, which reminded me to...
  • always go with your gut.  always.
This really did help me leave all my troubles all behind and have a party with my day.




This month I will participate in the Slice of Life Challenge!
My goal is to Write. Share. Give. each & every day of March.  
Check out Two Writing Teachers for more info!

6 comments:

  1. Yes! Always go with your gut and speak your truth! Your positive spirit shines in this piece. And thank you for that wonderful music video. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much for your comment! your sweet words mean so much!

      Delete
  2. I like the set up of this post. Once again, I'm going to tuck this idea away! Good for you for going with your gut! That can be tough, but man we can get a lot accomplished when we do. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! and yep. ALWAYS go with the gut. Why do I ever forget this?

      Delete
  3. I first thought awww when I read "this made the other houses jealous. No lie. I loved it!" Then I laughed cuz that's the Hufflepuff in me, wanting everyone to play fair. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha! but I must add....I absolutely DO play fair. Every Head of House can host whatever...we are separate clubs within the umbrella of M.A.G.I.C. really....its just that I try to do a little something for my House at least every 6 weeks, if not every month. Every House could do it, but not every House does. ;) I'm just such a HP nerd, that I LOVE doing it. <3

      Delete