Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Kids these days


I have the best job in the universe.  For real.
One of the questions I'm asked most is Are those kids at the high school just awful?  You know kids these days. 

Yep.  I do know kids these days.  Every day I see kids who...
  • care about their grades, their friends, their future.
  • "yes ma'am" and "no ma'am" me all day long. (yep, here in Texas that is respectful.)
  • make me laugh every.single.day.
  • help one another through tough times. 
  • check on me with "how was your weekend?" and "how are your little girls doing?"
  • are respectful to those who are respectful to them.
  • worry they are not enough
  • work hard, sometimes with 2 jobs and a baby on top of school
  • need validation
  • want to know you believe in them
  • ask for book recommendations because they love to read
  • hold open doors for teachers carrying heavy loads
  • are curious and want to learn about things that interest them
  • want so much to fit in
  • want so much to stand out.
I could go on and on.  I love my kids and I am blessed to work with these big ole teenage precious peaches.  How lucky am I?



This month I will participate in the Slice of Life Challenge!
My goal is to Write. Share. Give. each & every day of March.  
Check out Two Writing Teachers for more info!

3 comments:

  1. Give love and you'll get love! Your students are lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was one of the awesome things about being an itinerant teacher of the Deaf. I worked with every age. I'd being doing finger plays with babies in their home then drive to the high school and talk teenage stuff. I was shocked at how much I loved working with the big kids.

    ReplyDelete