Sunday, March 27, 2016

Fancy China



I used my fancy china today.  

This may not sound like any big deal, and I suppose in the big scheme of things it isn't, I mean loads of folks use their fancy china on holidays, right?

Except that I never do. Never did.
I always told myself I would, but then it just seemed like too much work for very little reward.  

I am working towards making some changes in my life---changes that will move me to living the way I want to live.  Some of the changes are large and some are smaller.

Sometimes, changes that seem small, however, can cause a big shift.  
Today was one of those days; it was a gift to myself. 

I used my fancy china today and it made everything a bit more beautiful. 

This month I will participate in the Slice of Life Challenge!
My goal is to Write. Share. Give. each & every day of March.  
Check out Two Writing Teachers for more info!

8 comments:

  1. How wonderful for you! It's amazing how sometimes the smallest change can bring such unexpected pleasure. But then, large changes can be a bit scary, too, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful for you! It's amazing how sometimes the smallest change can bring such unexpected pleasure. But then, large changes can be a bit scary, too, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My grandmother always served Sunday dinner on her china. It made visits there so special. I have long regretted not registering for china. Hmmm, maybe I need to fix that..

    ReplyDelete
  4. By using the china you're living the life you want to live. I say eat on it every night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. By using the china you're living the life you want to live. I say eat on it every night.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that you used your china! I say keep using it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like hearing that you used it. I got out some special dishes too, and the younger girls, my granddaughters loved them. Guess I'll have to open that china cabinet more often, like you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We use our fine China every New Years Day. My dad hates ratting on paper plates, if we celebrate his birthday at our house I serve him on fine China & we eat on paper plates. Ha!

    ReplyDelete