Monday, February 15, 2016

Monday Reads


We've started a new high school library book club recently. Last week we really talked about how we wanted this thing to be organized and what we wanted to call our group. (by the way, we decided to go with the cleverly named BOOK CLUB as our official name.)



Tomorrow we will have our first actual book discussion--and the kids voted unanimously to read All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven.  Maybe I should say--the bulk of our group had just finished it and so it was decided.

I am listening to it on audiobook.  It is up for an Audie award and all 3 of my paper copies are checked out, so I figured I'd read this one with my ears.  It is so, so heartbreakingly good.  I won't be done by tomorrow, unfortunately---but spoilers are no biggie for me.

I'm still reading Willie Nelson's autobiography.  That man has lived quite an interesting life!  Whew!
I'm also in the middle of the second of the Molly Murphy mystery books-- Death of Riley by Rhys Bowen. It is on hold until I finish my book club book, but the audio version is just wonderful with all those delicious Irish accents.

So what are YOU reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment