Saturday, February 27, 2016

Finding your writing tribe



Once upon a time, I had a real-life writing group.  Actually, I've been in a few over the years.  For whatever reason, after a season or two or maybe even as long as three, the group drifts apart. 
I've had more success in participating in online groups such as Two Writing Teachers, Teacher's Write! summer camp, NaNoWriMo, and YA Buccaneers. 

In real life, I have become a rather solitary writer, but these groups keep me on my path.  I hope to be part of a vibrant in-real-life writing community at some point, but even when that happens, I will remain in these online groups.  I have found support and critique and much encouragement from them along the way. They have been a lifeline to the writer in me. 

This is a lovely post from Two Writing Teachers' Stacey Shubitz on finding your writing tribe.  Be sure to check out the infographic near the end that really goes into the why & the how behind slice-of-life writing.  

Finding your writing tribe is so important.  Come check out the SOL16 challenge, won't you?  March is just a few days away and we'd love to have you join us.

No comments:

Post a Comment