Thursday, March 12, 2015

One More Day

Day 12 of the Slice of Life Challenge from Two Writing Teachers

Rambling thoughts on a rainy night.

One more day closer to spring break. 
It has been an incredibly hectic week and I am flat worn out. 
Murphy's Law over and over and over again.
Still raining.  Wondering if I should start collecting wood and gathering animals two by two.
Lovely assistant is VERY much missed when she is sick at home with a nasty bug. 
Did I mention hubby is out of town, too?
and baby girl had a school performance I didn't know about until two hours before it began? 
(where, oh where is the plain white shirt? no--you cannot wear high heels with your jeans. you are 5.)
and daughter-the-eldest had to be picked up at a special time from school along with her bestie so this mama had to leave work.as.quickly.as.possible?
and the Navy presentation was today?
The coke machine ran out of cokes.  RAN OUT OF COKES.

(yes, I know water is better.  yes, I did drink coffee all morning. sometimes a gal needs a coke.)

But...I made it through.
One more day.  
I can do this. 



2 comments:

  1. Oh, honey. I hated it when my mother used to say, "This too shall pass." It felt so dismissive of the reality of the day. So I promise not to say that. I remember those days (I had 5 kids). I was that mom who couldn't find the white shirt, who was often late. It's hard, but worth it. Have a joyous break - coming soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, honey. I hated it when my mother used to say, "This too shall pass." It felt so dismissive of the reality of the day. So I promise not to say that. I remember those days (I had 5 kids). I was that mom who couldn't find the white shirt, who was often late. It's hard, but worth it. Have a joyous break - coming soon!

    ReplyDelete