Monday, March 23, 2015

Manic Monday

Day 23 of the Slice of Life challenge.

Just another manic Monday...

I had a difficult time settling down to sleep last night. I finally just got up and found my way back into the living room.  I tried reading.  I tried watching a little TV.  Nothing worked very well. Sometime around midnight I ambled back to bed and gave it another try. 

As a result of the No-sleep-for-you fairy's shenanigans, I was exhausted as all get out when the alarm sounded at 5:07.  Everything I touched dropped.  Everything I poured spilled.  My girls decided they must, must, must have a packed lunch this morning--you know, when there was virtually nothing to pack. No one could find matching socks.  It was one of those mornings. I was on the verge of tears and I am not a crier.  Then the you-need-gas light began flashing on my way to work.

I got the text from my lovely assistant.  She was feeling bad and wouldn't be able to make it in today. Once I got in my office I discovered the socks I thought were black were actually navy. The only navy element to my otherwise black outfit.  

At approximately 7:45 all that turned around.  Coffee finally made and in hand, I started on my usual rounds around the library.  One of my senior girls came in and said, "You know, Mrs. Schulz, it is impossible to mourn the end of our spring break when we get to hear your wonderful friendly 'Good Morning!'"  

Day made.  
And no one else even noticed or cared my socks matched nothing but each other.  ;)


1 comment:

  1. Students have a way of making us remember our "why" & get us back on track. I'm glad your day was better than your morning!

    ReplyDelete