Monday, March 2, 2015

A little slice of life

I'm starting the 2015 Slice of Life challenge today---a day later than I intended, but here I am.  If you'd like more information on this fun challenge, please check out the Two Writing Teachers blog post & join in!

My posts this month will have to do with this challenge---although most of them will probably still have to do with the library---that seems to be what is on my mind and filling my days the majority of the time.  ;)

It is still early morning--so early that I have not yet peeked into my oldest daughter's room to make sure she is awake and getting ready for school.  Still so early that the gentle hum of the laptop is the only noise I hear.  I have a sliver of time to think and ponder and just BE before my world wakes up around me.  It is delicious, this quiet time, and always leaves me wanting a bit more.

I'm wearing my new fitbit for the first time today to work.  I was so excited to get it late Friday night---so I've had my first weekend wearing it and I am hooked!  Seeing it all lit up after I've hit my 10,000 steps goal is thrilling.  It should be interesting to see what my work days look like as far as how many steps I take.

And now the troops awaken....my oldest, and my husband....so time to get moving and wake the little one.  Time to move forward into the day.  At least I have my fitbit to count the steps!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your early morning thoughts and moments with us. I love these lines: "I have a sliver of time to think and ponder and just BE before my world wakes up around me. It is delicious, this quiet time, and always leaves me wanting a bit more." I'm not a morning person, but I DO love that sliver of time before everyone else wakes up!

    ReplyDelete