Wednesday, April 23, 2014

And we're cookin' with gas


SO much happening lately...so much that it is almost a bit overwhelming to ponder, actually.  But in a good way.  ;)

I posted about my amazing TLA experience, which I am still delighting in, actually--especially since I've starting reading my TBR pile that I brought back with me!  OH MY GOODNESS, the TREASURES I was given!  The Crossover by Kwame Alexander, Bird Box by Josh Malerman, and Dangerous by Shannon Hale have all set the bar pretty high, folks.  They are each different, but absolutely delicious reads.

But moving on from my TLA adventures, I've had some pretty exciting news since coming back home that I am really thrilled to share. I applied for, interviewed, and was hired to be the new high school librarian beginning in the new school year.  Our current HS librarian is retiring, and I have really felt pulled to this new experience for some time.  I am giddy with all the possibilities that this change will bring.  At the same time, I have had 12 really great years at my current school, and it is truly bittersweet to leave all my friends and my library.  I've put blood, sweat, and tears (literally!) into making that space amazing, and you can't find better folks to work with than at my current school.

Still...I am pulled, I am thrilled, and I am ready.  Let's DO this!  I'll keep you posted every step of the way!

Read on,
Mr
ps--Did I mention today is World Book Night?   I was a book-giver again and got to give Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children out today.  I gave several out before the testing today---and I had multiple kids come up to me outside waiting in the car line that they are LOVING this book!  YAY!  I love being the resident book fairy!  Best.Job.Ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment