Tuesday, March 11, 2014

A trip to the library (SOL 2014 Day 11)

image from hliba.blogspot.com via Google images

Among the joys of spring break?  A trip to the public library with my 4 year old.  I always enjoy seeing her excitement as she browses the children's section for just the right books.

Of course being in a library is nothing new for her---this is, after all, her mama's profession.  But I work in a library for "big kids" and so my E for Everybody section is smaller than she would like. When she walks into the great-big-to-her public library's picture book section her eyes light up at the world of possibilities that are before her.

And my eyes light up at the possibilities THAT will open up for her as she grows.

Read on, Gentle readers; Read on.
Mrs. S


1 comment:

  1. My daughter loves books, but since we have them at home, she thinks visits to the library are for playing. (They make it an attractive place to play, which doesn't please me, but it makes her happy! http://raisealithuman.wordpress.com/2013/07/17/publiclibrary/)

    So many possibilities in books. :)

    ReplyDelete