Friday, October 14, 2011

A sweet gift!

One of my darling new 6th grade reader-girls came by the other morning with a sweet gift.  It really made my day, so I just had to share.

You know, sometimes we as librarians and teachers are not validated for all that we do.  And then there are those moments that just mean the world---when a student or teacher lets you know just how special and important the job of a librarian really is to them. How important books are to them. How important YOU are to them. 

I just had one of those moments.

I booktalked Brenda A. Ferber's book Julia's Kitchen to her class last week.  She read it and loved it (as I knew she would!) and then took the time to actually BAKE a treat and wrap it up with care to deliver especially to me.

Oh, what a beautiful morning!  Oh, what a beautiful day!

Heavens, this made me happy!

Read on, gentle readers. Read on.

Mrs. S

No comments:

Post a Comment