Wednesday, June 29, 2011

June 29th....Really?

The summer is going by fast and furiously.  Let me back up...most of the time, actually, my days are REALLY long.  Some moments last an eternity.  But looking back I wonder where exactly did the month of June go.

Here's a recap:
*I actually got to read a ton of great YA books---and a couple of good grownup books, too--including my annual taste of Stephanie Plum in Janet Evanovich's newest release.  Yippee!
*I have worked a bit on my genealogy.  Not as much as I would like, but still...
* My last grandparent passed away and my brothers and I chose to honor her by conducting the ceremony ourselves.  Very proud of all of us, actually.
*the big clean-out that happens every summer is in progress.  This is where I rummage through all my crap and decide what stays and what goes and attempt to reorganize my world before the manic pace of the school year descends once again.
*Natalie has attended art academy, vacation bible school, played with friends, gone swimming, ridden her bike, worked on her summer reading through the public library, and magically gotten out of most of her big clean assignments.  ;)  that is one talented girl.
* I'm still sane after spending 24-7 with my children with rare breaks of adult conversation as my hubby finishes up grad school.
*took my darling Girl Scouts to the oh-so-fabulous Children's Museum of Houston.  What a blast!
*have made a few new recipes including some scrumptious Pig Cake from The Pioneer Woman's blog.  Words do not do it justice.  It is just that good.
*Did I mention no real adult interaction to speak of?
*worked on my incessant drive for perfection from myself and the need to strive, strive, strive moving along on the hamster wheel that life can so easily become.  I'm a work in progress---but am relaxing a bit.

Okay, so I'm feeling better about life.  Maybe I've done more than I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment